Thursday, August 2, 2012

Marriage

I posted this blog yesterday and lost some friends over it, so I deleted it. I love my friends, and don’t want to lose them, but I must stand strong for my God and His principles, praying that someone will hear and reach out to Him. So it’s back.
First, I want to say that this morning is the first I heard of Chick-fil-A supporting hate groups. If that’s true, I do NOT support that. I want that to be perfectly clear. True Christ-followers love everyone as the Bible commands (at least, they try to). But we do NOT hate. It is wrong and goes against the Christian faith. I have to do some research on the Chick-fil-A issue. I don’t believe everything I read—much of what is printed is false.
If anyone is facing persecution for any reason, contact me. I will help support you in whatever way I can. Please know: God created each of us in His image. He loves us all. “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” ~John 3:16. Cross out “the world” in that verse and insert your name.
HE LOVES YOU
Anyway…here is what I posted and deleted yesterday:
I felt the need to address this issue in light of the problems Chick-fil-A is facing for standing up for their beliefs. This is a tough topic, but if just one person out there hears this, understands the difference, understands the heart of a true Christ-follower, it’s worth it.
First, I want to define a Christian. A Christian is a Christ-follower. One who follows Biblical principles and tries to become more Christ-like every day, knowing it’s impossible, yet continually trying. It is not someone who goes to church on Sunday and ignores everything they’ve heard and does whatever they please the rest of the week. As I posted in my last blog, the most important commandments for Christ-followers are these:
““Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.””
~Matthew 22:36-40
We are commanded by our God to love everyone whole-heartedly. We love the person, hate the sin. There is a world of difference between the two. Just like you can love a child, even when they disobey you. You don’t love the behavior, but you love the child.
Every single one of us struggles with something. We are all sinners. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” ~Romans 3:23 If God didn’t love us enough to send his Son to die for our sins, we’d all be in serious eternal trouble. But we have a way out. Jesus is the way.
Now, once you believe that and become a Christ-follower, you believe the Bible is God’s word and you try to follow it. Each and every one of us has something we struggle with. Not one of us is perfect. We all sin … even after becoming a Christian. Our sin looks different from one person to the next. But, we help each other. We pray. We continue to try.
God is perfect. His ways are perfect. It’s man that messes things up. God designed us. He also designed marriage. Instructions for marriage are littered throughout the Bible beginning with Genesis. “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” ~Genesis 2:24
Now, I don’t expect a non-believer to understand all this. But I pray that you will before it’s too late. There was a time I didn’t get it. But I do now and I hold fast to my Father’s ways because they are right. I tried things my way and totally messed everything up. In doing things His way, I’m finding a joy and a peace I’ve never known before. I pray that everyone would experience that same joy and peace, and have ever-lasting life, because I love you.
If we’re following Biblical principles, as I hope all Christ-followers are, as I try to, then please understand that we love everyone, we’re merely standing up for those principles. Don’t hate us for upholding our beliefs, standing strong for our Creator, defending marriage as He intended it for us … we love you, no matter who you are, no matter what you’ve done.
His servant,
~Jenn

Ring Shot Pictures, Images and Photos

8 comments:

  1. Good comments. I think that some groups classify others as "hate groups" merely because they don't agree with them, and interpret their message as saying, "Your ideas are stupid, sinful, wrong, and I hate you." When all it really may be is they don't agree with the idea of homosexual marriage. One could posit that the homosexual community is a hate group because many of them oppose the concept of a Biblical marriage, and want to eliminate that from our laws.

    But none of that means the other person or groups hate each other. That all depends on what is in their heart, and only God can see that. People are way too free with classifying others as hate groups and hating them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Rick. Well said. Only God can judge the heart. We shouldn't be so quick to throw labels on people or groups without seeking to understand.

      Delete
  2. Nice post, Jennifer. Mike Duran did a great post today titled "Sometimes Jesus Hurts Our Feelings." Truth be known, Jesus hurts my feelings every day by convicting me of my sin. It hurts at times, but I do bring it upon myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it. Thanks for suggesting it. What a fantastic post! So true! Jesus hurts my feelings all the time too. Correction stings ... and I've needed a lot of it in my life. But it was for my betterment and I'm grateful. I'm just thankful my eyes have been opened. I was blind and now I see. I pray for that for so many ...

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you put this back up.

    I've never heard and don't believe Chick-fil-A supports hate groups. The CEO belongs to a Baptist church that is pro-life and I'm sure the church supports pro-life ministries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Nike! I don't think they do either.

      Delete