Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cornerstone Country Market

As those of you who follow my blog are aware, my goal is to do my part to further God’s Kingdom by encouraging my brothers and sisters in Christ and, hopefully, enlarging the family by pointing others to Him. I’ve attempted to do that through sharing what God has laid on my heart and by promoting fellow Christian writers. Now, God has laid it upon my heart to promote a local market.
I’d passed by the little market many times without batting an eyelash over the years. A friend recommended it because of their gluten free goods. After a few more drives past, I finally stopped in. They stock a variety of bulk baking items. But, being new to gluten-free, I wasn’t quite prepared to get crafty, so I settled on a box mix: New Hope Mills.
There are a lot of junky gluten-free items out there, so I knew I was taking a chance. But, the Jesus fish with “Ephesians 2:8” on the side sold me. It proved to be a good choice. I have since tried their gluten-free blueberry muffin mix, corn muffin mix, lemon Chia muffin mix and brownie mix. I highly recommend them all. They freeze and reheat well and the brownies are the best gluten free brownies I’ve had. And Cornerstone Country Market is the only store I’ve found with New Hope Mills Gluten-Free Mixes on the shelves.

About a month ago, we took a road trip to Pennsylvania. At a restaurant there, I tried bacon dressing. Yup … that’s what I said … BACON. My bacon-starved family couldn’t get enough of it. So, when I found Jake & Amos Bacon Dressing at Cornerstone Country Market, I was ecstatic. And I was delighted further to find Psalms 136:1 printed on the label. The word “salad” has taken on a whole new meaning in our household. And if you like bacon … and I don’t know many people who don’t … no matter how far you need to travel (unless PA is closer), it’s worth the gas money to drive to Cornerstone Country market for this dressing alone.

On the fourth of July, when I visited Cornerstone Country Market, I was asked if I would like to be the first to try their homemade vanilla ice cream made using a flavoring mix they sell in their store. I do have a dairy intolerance, but how could I possibly say no? I’d never had homemade ice cream before and I must say … it was wonderful (if you have an ice-cream maker, buy their mix).
I can’t say for certain that they only sell items made in the US … or by Christians … but of all the items I’ve purchased so far have been. So, if you want to support our country AND our brothers and sisters in Christ, do like I did and stop passing by … or take a special trip … to Cornerstone.
“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” ~ Galatians 6:10 (NIV)
His servant,
                                                                        ~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment