Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Full Moon



There is nothing like the beauty of a full moon, suspended in the sky, reflecting the sun. And the way it lights up the night ….
I can’t help but stop to gaze at it—mesmerized.
The moon does what it was created to do. But … in and of itself … there is no light. Only when the sun’s rays illuminate it fully, unobscured by the earth, do we see it shine to its fullest.
"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." ~ Matthew 5:16
My prayer for my brothers and sisters in Christ and myself is this: That we may be like the moon … doing what our Creator calls us to do, reflecting His Son’s perfection fully, with nothing between us, so that we might be a light in a dark world guiding others toward Him.
His servant,
~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. I like it..... Jesus said of the Pharisees that they were a reflection of their father the devil. I'm going through a time that is revealing to me that I need to be like the Prodigal Son's Father, Who exhibited a generosity of love, mercy, compassion toward all. With that Grace toward others we empower those who are receptive to it, just like the sun or the rain that falls upon the just and the unjust. Joe

    ReplyDelete