Monday, June 29, 2015

War Room


If you read my last blog, Don't Hang Up, you know God has been working on me to pray more. Since then, I've joined a Mom's In Prayer Group and I'm looking to start a group with moms in my community. My prayer life seemed pretty solid, right? I thought so.

Then I saw War Room.

Despite the seeming perfection of Elizabeth's life, she is struggling. Her family is beginning to unravel. She nearly allows her bitterness to take root, furthering the destruction. Then she meets Miss Clara. Desperate, she caves and follows Miss Clara's lead. She converts her closet into a war room to strategically pray for her family, then sit back and trust God to fight the battles for her.

The results, though not entirely unrealistic, were fiction. It's not easy to cast your cares on God, or to pray in a way that builds a relationship with Him rather than simply reciting a list of demands. Nor is it easy to take time out of crazy schedules.

But we must.

War Room illustrates just how God can show up when you give him your resentments, forgive those who've hurt you, confess your sin, dig into God's word, and develop a prayer strategy. If that's seems like too much or if any part of that is difficult, ask Him to help you. Then sit back. Trust and wait for God to act. Big things will happen in ways you wouldn't expect. Hearts are transformed. Lives are changed. It's a ripple effect ... starting with one, sweeping through the family, then out into the community. Imagine how different things could be!

I was so inspired, I transformed my own closet. I couldn't empty it entirely, but it does the trick. My prayers for my family, friends, and church are written and taped to the wall along with scriptures of praise, pictures or mementos from people going on mission trips and the child we sponsor. I try to make time every day to spend with God in earnest prayer. He's already answered some. I look forward to seeing how He responds to others. I know He will. Here's why:

"If you abide in me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." -John 15:7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." -Philippians 4:6

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

"But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." -Matthew 6:6

"Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known." -Jeremiah 33:3

War Room hits theaters August 28th. Go. Invite others. Let it inspire and motivate you to deepen your prayer life, and perhaps build a war room. I pray God will bring revival, starting with individuals, then the family and beyond through War Room.

His servant,

J.F. Rogers





2 comments:

  1. Hello Jennifer Rogers. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am so glad to know you as a Secretary of your church I am glad to stop by your blog post which is moving, inspiring and challenging through War Room. I am blessed to know you and your family's and you heart desire " As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15. Well about me, I am from Mumbai, India and have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your teen aged daughter come to Mumbai along with her friends and youth from your church to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. God willing I am coming to the States in the month of August and will be very happy to stop by your town/ city to share about the ministry and the opportunity for the young and adults from your church to go on a missions trip to Mumbai to work with us. I will be so happy to share about the ministry with your church too if your Pastor is open to use me. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and the church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Diwakar. I'll talk to the youth pastor to see what his youth mission plans might be for the future. God bless!

    ReplyDelete