Saturday, June 10, 2017

B.R.A.G. Medallion

I’m so excited to share that Astray has received the B.R.A.G. Medallion!
In case you aren’t familiar with this award, and you probably aren’t, B.R.A.G. stands for Book Readers Appreciation Group. IndieBRAG, LLC is an organization that seeks to find and support talented Indie (self-published) authors. You can find out more about who they are and what they do here.
I can’t tell you how honored I am to receive this reward. It comes after months of prayerful consideration to decide to take a couple of years off from writing. At least, from writing a novel. I can’t stop writing (or thinking in blog posts). But time will tell what will happen. In the meantime, as always, I’m seeking God’s leading day-by-day. I’m leaning on my life verse to “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will set your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
My heart is full of gratitude. I’m thankful to God, first and foremost because “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, Who does not change like shifting shadows.” (James 1:17) But I am grateful to everyone He has put in my life. So many people helped me achieve this life goal of writing this book. My pastors gave me spiritual guidance and encouragement in this journey as did family and friends. Critique partners also encouraged me and offered a collective wealth of knowledge and advice. The glowing reviews I’ve received and now, this reward provides much needed affirmation that my work was not in vain.
I can’t help but look back at the moment I submitted my life to God. Shortly thereafter the mess I’d made began to turn into something beautiful. I found my church home, the book I’d tried so hard to write over the years practically wrote itself, I married my wonderful husband and we were baptized together, my beautiful daughter was saved and baptized, I got involved in many ministries and eventually began working for my church, and my life’s work became published. I can’t help but look back and see God’s faithfulness to those who seek Him.
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. – Matthew 6:33
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. – Psalm 37:4
Thank you all.
You are loved,
J F Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment